We are now accepting applications for the 2018-19 school year. Apply today.
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy offers a tuition-free, high-quality, college-preparatory education from preschool through 12th grade. When our students graduate, they are college-ready, college-bound.
Our schools do not charge tuition and will not discriminate against any student on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, or disability. There are no academic requirements, interviews, or fees for admission.
Admission is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Spaces are limited, so if the volume of applications exceeds available seats, the school holds a public lottery to determine admission. The lottery is January 26, 2018.
How to Apply
Choose a school where you want to enroll your child.
Download and complete the interest form to participate in the lottery. You may use the same form to apply to multiple schools. Submit the completed form in person or by mail before the deadline (deadlines vary by school). K-8 Lottery Interest Form
Only high school interest forms may be submitted online at this time. High School Lottery Interest Form
The lottery is completely random with select preferences built in for siblings of current Camino Nuevo students.
If space allows and you live within the attendance boundaries of the Sandra Cisneros or Jose Castellanos campuses, you do not need to participate in the lottery.
- If your child wins a seat through the lottery, you will receive a letter or a phone call. You must confirm within two weeks that you intend to enroll your child to secure a spot.
- If you submit an application after the deadline, we will add your child’s name to the school waitlist. We will admit students from the waitlist after the lottery, as spots become available and in the order in which we received applications.
Why Families Choose Our Schools
- A safe and supportive environment where students can learn and thrive.
- A rich and engaging curriculum that prepares students for college and career success.
- After-school activities for kids to explore their interests and discover their talents.
- Strong parental involvement and open communication.