College & Career Resources
COLLEGE & CAREER RESOURCES
Find the right college for you: http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator
Tip: Tell everyone you know what you’re looking for. Someone you know may know someone who knows something or someone helpful.
Career and Job Search Advice
Resume-Writing Tips, Templates, and Tricks
#1 Tip: Always proof read your resume several times. Have someone else proof read it if you can. There should not be a single typographical or grammatical error on your resume.
Please read the article for more detailed information about the following 10 tips:
1. List a career objective
2. List the details of your education
3. List relevant coursework (outside of your specified major)
4. Evaluate all of your job experiences for potential value
5. Consider how your extracurricular activities relate to your career
6. Determine whether your coursework could be qualified as job experience
7. Pay attention to grammar and verbiage
8. Use detailed descriptions and numbers
9. Talk it over with someone
10. Consider alternative resume formats
Two templates to use as references when drafting your resume.
A suggested list of action verbs.