Si usted tiene que tratar con oficiales de Inmigración y Control de Aduanas (ICE por su sigla en inglés) en la casa, calle, o en algún otro lugar, recuerde que tiene los derechos descritos en este documento. Este documento también provee sugerencias de cómo hacer valer sus derechos.
California Mathematics Placement Policy for Students Entering 9th Grade
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy is committed to providing a “fair, objective, and transparent” mathematics placement policy for all students entering 9th grade. In preparation for the 2016-2017 school year, we have developed criteria and protocols for accurately evaluating and placing students in appropriate mathematics courses that will best support our commitment and vison for ALL students to be college and career ready. We will consider the following multiple objective academic measures of pupil performance to inform student placement:
- Standardized statewide mathematics assessment score based upon CAASPP achievement levels: standards exceeded, standards met, and standards nearly met from grades 6 and 8.
- Results from a diagnostic assessment (administered EOY and within the first three weeks of school) to ensure accurate student placement and permit re-evaluation of individual student progress.
- End of course exam, summative assessment grade measuring student mastery on state-adopted standards with a grade of C or above, and demonstrating sufficient preparation for the next in-sequence mathematics course.
- Final math grade on the end of the year official report card.
- Teacher recommendation based upon classroom assessments, grades, and habits of mind.
- For students receiving special education services, the final mathematics placement will be determined by the student’s IEP team.
If a parent/guardian would like for his/her child’s mathematics placement to be reconsidered, the following steps are in place:
- Per parent/guardian’s formal request, site administration may make available the outcomes from the objective multiple performance measures listed above.
- Per parent/guardian’s formal request, site administration will allow the student to take the end of course, final summative assessment. Based on the results of this assessment, site administration may reconsider student’s math placement.
- Parent/guardian may also request a waiver requesting his/her child be placed in the next in-sequence course. However, such a request would be against the professional recommendation of the site administration. By signing the waiver, the parent/guardian will acknowledge and accept responsibility for requested placement.